Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kangaroos


 I have been saying for months that while I was in Australia 
I just wanted to see one kangaroo with a baby in her pouch! 
While we were at Pebbly beach I got to see so many babyroos in pouches
 and even pet the mamas. 
It was so exciting and fascinating  all at the same time! 

 Our camp site was covered with all of these Kangaroos all day/night.
 There were about 10 of them just hangin around. 
We got food and were able to feed them and pet them. 
The kangas would come up to our picnic table and just sit around with us.
 It was absolutely amazing. 
The kangaroos in Pebbly beach are very tame and used to humans.
 The roos that we see in Canberra are wild so we can’t get close to them or even attempt to pet them.

 
This is my new best friend. She kept coming back to me all day. I have named her Sally Jo.

3 comments:

  1. the baby in the pouch!!!! oh my heart! i can't believe how close y'all were! SO amazing! also is it summer there? i am jealous - love your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The seasons are reverse here....Spring going into summer now!

      Delete
  2. SHUT UP. this is SO AMAZING!!! look at that leg sticking up over baby's head, all squished in there! what a gorgeous spot, too! y'all are the luckiest.

    ReplyDelete